Sunday 20 January 2013

Review: She Said Beauty Box - December



Yet again I am a late poster. Lucky for me I won this beauty box ( yay! ), unfortunately this is also the last box She Said Beauty are doing ( boo!).

In this beauty box I recieved the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover, Orico Superico Vitamin Rich Face Oil, Dr Duve Anti Ageing and Firming eyes cream, Dr Duve skin Boosting Cream, Technic Nail Varnish in Twany Port, Amie Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask and lastly Jing Whole Leaf Teabags.


What I Thought

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover.


I already had high expectations for this I as have seen lots of posts and videos about how good it is! It did not disappoint! My nail varnish just vanished away, though I did normally have to twist my finger twice for it to be completely away but perhaps this was just me ( It usually is). The only flaws in this product that have already been pointed out is that unfortunately toes cannot be done (I did try) neither can you clean up mistakes around the edges so a normal nail varnish remover is still needed.


Orico Superico Vitamin Rich Face Oil


Its hard to give an accurate review of the face oil for me. It was okay, I don't tend to like oils on my face, they are too greasy for me as I don't look like looking a shiny egg but I used this after the Amie Spring Clean Cooling Clay before bed. It seemed to be okay but I wouldn't buy this product I much prefer my moisturisers to rehydrate me skin.


Dr Duve Anti Ageing and Firming eyes cream and Dr Duve skin Boosting Cream


These two are also hard to review there was only a small amount in the sachets and for products like anti ageing and skin boosting you need to look for the effects over a period of time. The smells were pleasant and it didn't have any negative effects on my skin, that is all I can really say. 


Technic Nail Varnish In Tawny Port


Now I loved this colour and was it was great having the Bourjois Nail Polish Remover so I could test out both products at once. For £1.25 I think this is an amazing price for the nail varnish and will be a product that I will frequently use. It's also nice that its a full size product.


Amie Spring Clean Cooling Mask


To be fair I haven't experienced using lots of masks but I absolutely loved this and is definitely my favourite in the box though the name reminds me of something you'd call sanitary wear (Just me right?). This was an extra item for a Christmas treat. Out of a 15ml sachet i was able to use it three times which I thought was brilliant. My skin was noticeably better after using it and it felt really refreshed though a little tight but really soft. I also liked the fact that it brought out some of my blackheads as you could tell it was working.


Jing Whole Leaf Teabags


Now, I do not normally drink green tea as I dislike it and this was no exception. In my cup it vaguely reminded me of urine and the taste wasn't pleasant either. I also though it was an odd thing to put in a beauty box as from the in card description it has no benefits aimed at improvement to beauty.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    Love the blog so much that I have nominated you for a Liebster blog award!

    You can see my post here: http://chicgeekdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice products in this box!!you do have a lovely blog and it would be great if you could come over and check out my blog, may we could follow each other.
    I am also doing a giveaway on my blog at the moment and would LOVE it if you would enter.

    Aimee
    www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete